What is everyone feeding their arapaima?

DayumDanny

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Connecticut
I am just curious as to what you guys are feeding your arapaimas when you first got them and what you are currently feeding them now. Also if you guys dont mind posting pictures of your arapaimas. Out of curiosity did anyone get an arapaima that was imported from thailand rather than south america.

bulldovii

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fairfield, Illinois
Are there really that many people that own them? I've only seen a few smaller one's on here and people are always being scolded because of how big they get.

Do you have one? What size of tank do you have? That's too small? Nah just kidding. I didn't want you to think everyone was ignoring you. Hopefully you'll get some replies soon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
A friend of mine recently got two aripaima (which I think he's crazy for doing) and he has them eating massivore pellets from day one. They have been growing EVERYDAY. I love these fish but yikes. Sounds like they get more out of hand faster than even a RTC lol

Sent from MFK App

DayumDanny

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Connecticut
How big was it when he first got it? And already on massivore hes lucky. Any specific method he used to get the fish onto pellets?

codyish125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2010
oc
I sold a bunch to a guy on here that were eating pellets..live fish is an investment in my opinion..cheaper if you get then in dry foods..they seemed to eat about any thingi would throw in though..if this helps..lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DayumDanny

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Connecticut
The last person who had the arapaima that i currently have was eating live and ive been fattening him up with feeders, so if i do the whole starving him, hell eat pellets no problem?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store