Lfs fish?

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
All the ones I have seen are pure Jacks. The only thing about them is that they a F2000 and nowhere close to wilds or F1's.

Sent from the black hole that is my world.

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
Some are deformed, but they should be so deformed that it takes away from their normal characteristics. My jds are f2000 and they are pretty normal

love The Jack Dempseys

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Michigan
Look at the jd on jeff rapps' site and then look at the ones at the lfs and just try and compare. An lfs jd is gonna look like crap 99% of the time. Here is a pic of my friends he got from rapps. Sorry for the poor pic, only one i could find.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1361416782.106124.jpg

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
Is there really a difference in wild or f2000? Or just the fact

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm no expert and don't claim to be, but from what I've experienced, there is a difference. I had the pleasure of getting 6 F1's at the ACA convention auction in 97 and 4 F1's while I was stationed in Germany from 2002 until late 2005. They were the meanest and nastiest fish I have ever kept and they had better coloring as well. All the other Jacks I've had very very docile and drab in comparison. Because of reasons like this, I prefer to keep fish that are WC or F1's or F2's. This is strictly my opinion though. I have NO scientific evidence to back this up, just my personal experience.

love The Jack Dempseys

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Michigan
I'm no expert and don't claim to be, but from what I've experienced, there is a difference. I had the pleasure of getting 6 F1's at the ACA convention auction in 97 and 4 F1's while I was stationed in Germany from 2002 until late 2005. They were the meanest and nastiest fish I have ever kept and they had better coloring as well. All the other Jacks I've had very very docile and drab in comparison. Because of reasons like this, I prefer to keep fish that are WC or F1's or F2's. This is strictly my opinion though. I have NO scientific evidence to back this up, just my personal experience.

I agree with everything said here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store