HOW DO YOU BREED BLACKWORMS?

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Put them in a filtered aquarium with gravel. Feed them (fish food). They will live and reproduce. However, it is hard to raise enough of them to constantly feed your fish on a daily basis. You are better off buying them in bulk and storing them in your refrigerator (rinse the worms every couple of days). Some old timers used to store the worms in their toilet tanks.

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
Put them in a filtered aquarium with gravel. Feed them (fish food). They will live and reproduce. However, it is hard to raise enough of them to constantly feed your fish on a daily basis. You are better off buying them in bulk and storing them in your refrigerator (rinse the worms every couple of days). Some old timers used to store the worms in their toilet tanks.
now dose this work with any kind of worms?

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
don't forget the clothespin. I've reached a good culture a few times, but when they really take off, they STINK. $3.50 an ounce is expensive, but it's worth it to not have that stink.
maybe if I try them outside this summer it will help chase away the neighborhood rats.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
don't forget the clothespin. I've reached a good culture a few times, but when they really take off, they STINK. $3.50 an ounce is expensive, but it's worth it to not have that stink.
maybe if I try them outside this summer it will help chase away the neighborhood rats.
Join a fish club. My club does group buys of blackworms each month - $16/pound.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
We should have a worm vendor on here. MFK worm man.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store