2" marble goby?

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Thinking of getting one of these guys as he suits my requirements
Gets twelve inches eats anything that's dropped :)
Wat can you guys say about them??
Are they easy to care?
Fun ?
Pls post pics if you Guys have any!! Thnks

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I've seen bigger marble gobies then 12". I saw a 16" one at my lfs

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pontis Lebowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Under Water Bolling Lane
I had one for a while. Cool to watch them eat. Mine was aggressive so make sure tank mate can handle it. If you have sand it might Barry itself. Cool fish but doesn't do much. Just sits 95% of the time.

Sent from my XT897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: Matty Matt

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
He is one of my favorite fish. They are ambush predators, so yes they dont move a whole lot. The growth rate is fairly slow, but they have a BIG appetite and you need to make sure that it gets enough to eat. Mine has grown 7 inches in under 2 years. They will eventually grow to 24 inches. They will eat anything. Like most fish, they can easily be trained to take pellets, although meaty foods will always be preferred. My guy is quite content with massivore as a staple. You should target feed, however. While they can be quite food aggressive, they typically ignore food already on the bottom. They are very adaptable to water chemistry and quite forgiving. Stay in the 70s and avoid extremes and you wont have a problem keeping them alive. When small, fungus is the only major problem. A marble goby infected with fungus is practically a death sentence. Ive seen healthy gobies go from 100% healthy, to a small spot of fungus, to completely covered and dead in less than 2 days. They seem to be susceptible when young(under 4") once they grow bigger they are tough as nails. They do have a fairly big mouth and are not afraid to tackle fish thought to be too large. A common way to die is for them to choke on fish too big. My buddy lost his 12" goby after it choked on his 9" lima shovelnose. As long as you keep them fat and happy, they are generally peaceful and dont bother anything. Although, they are tough, solid fish that are not afraid to stand up to a tank bully.

Reactions: Matty Matt
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store