My First Salt Water Aquarium

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
So here's my first salt water tank. I like leaving stories and leaving no info out So skip to video (it was mad prior to finding out about IP :()

It has been running for 5 weeks and I put in a yellow tail damsel at the 2 week mark. The damsels was doing so great so active and eatting pellets today I decided to add my first inhabitant I really wanted. A clownfish!! I read they are very hardy like a damsel and my lfs just got a captive bred shipment. I didn't want no regular clown I'm just not into regular stuff I always want different/higher end for some reason so I got a Picasso! Well He looked good in the LFS seemed to eat pellets (they had 195 in 2 75 ish gs because he just got them last night) So I thought it was a good to go being hardy and all. 4 hours later white stringy poop doesn't notice food (could be from newly acclimated) and swims in one spot under the light and when the light goes off goes the the corner and swims at the top. He's making me nervous swimming around looking brainless in a spot and with internal parasites. He seems oddly close to the top. But damsel is 100% fine and acting like a normal fish. Plus did a water change before not expecting to get a fish. I hope he makes it :'(he costed $60!
Ph ~8
Ammonia 0
nitrites <50
Temp 78
SA 1.025

Well I like to leave stories so ignore that and watch
[video=youtube;qDyw8Lfft7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyw8Lfft7M[/video]

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
"You're worth 10 dollars, he was worth 60, I'll flush you..." :ROFL: :ROFL: My damsel beat the poop out of my flame angel when I first got him and I was :swear:! She's lucky she made it to the LFS... Your clown is gorgeous! I hope (I'm assuming she) makes it!

Oh, and don't freak out about the clown sleeping at the top of the tank. Mine do every night, between the heater and mangrove planters. Its when they decide to have the occasional sleepover in the female's cave that I get freaked out. lol

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
remove QT and treat with prazziquantel
He's being treated for metro for the time being. Next is prazi.
"You're worth 10 dollars, he was worth 60, I'll flush you..." :ROFL: :ROFL: My damsel beat the poop out of my flame angel when I first got him and I was :swear:! She's lucky she made it to the LFS... Your clown is gorgeous! I hope (I'm assuming she) makes it!

Oh, and don't freak out about the clown sleeping at the top of the tank. Mine do every night, between the heater and mangrove planters. Its when they decide to have the occasional sleepover in the female's cave that I get freaked out. lol
Lmao that's what I was afraid of :p no kidding those angels are even more then my clown! :p. Okay well that makes me feel better at night but now he just swims at the very top some times poking his back out :(
View attachment 883812I could give him/her a new home if you like!:woot:
Hah that would be a nice home!

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Oooo....Pretty....Um, do you mind labeling the corals in your tank for those of us who are window shopping? (Sorry for the slight derail, Runitis)
No worries a question I um .... forgot.... to ask :D

Also anyone disregard my post before this one I read clowns commonly swim in a "host area and occasionally poke there back.out and stuff when newly acclimated or just because so I'm all happy with the Guy :)

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
So update time! Had a little photoshoot the other day. Its going on 4 months no deaths other then a gang of unlawful hermit grabs cornered a snail in a the alley no charges yet. Had some diatom growth on rocks a little on sand but nothing bad. No coraline growth either yet. But fish are all eating good and okay dori Jr also is playing nice. Pablo still seems a little ..... Special. He was not participating well, he just didn't want too show his good side for some reason so one is a little blurry.

uploadfromtaptalk1366604187473.jpguploadfromtaptalk1366604220259.jpguploadfromtaptalk1366604246766.jpguploadfromtaptalk1366604281582.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
uploadfromtaptalk1366604310460.jpgdori juniors cave
uploadfromtaptalk1366604337184.jpguploadfromtaptalk1366604359918.jpgFTS. Same camera as the video so it seems as the bulb wore in more the blue went down!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store