Expert i need help please help me to identify this arowana

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Dear All
Recently i bought a arowana from a importer.He import all his arowana from Singapore.This is my first arowana before i was having flowerhorn few years back he died and now recently i was very interested to have a arowana googled many site and watched many videos.Am member of MFK from 2009 after my flowerhorn died i did not login to the site be frankly.Now two days back i got a arowana he is doing well he took food from yesterday morning am feeding dry ghost shrimp e

This fellow is around six to seven inches,Fins are in pale orange,Good shining scales and very aggressive he jumps to catch the shrimps and he has a tank mate (Leapord Pleco around four inch).I got him without the certificate and chip because i don't want to sell him.So please help me to identify this cute guy whether he is RTG or Banjar Red or any other variety.

Thanks In Advance
Moorthy

DSCF1170.JPG

DSCF1172.JPG

DSCF1174.JPG

DSCF1180.JPG

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Thanks Guys.Mr Hao are you sure its a banjar red?.Friends could any one explain whats meant by 4th and 5th level shine on arowana body?

If my arowana is banjar red could you please explain how you found out or if its rtg what should be the difference?

Moorthy

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Friends I have uploaded the video just in day light no aqua tube or room light.now help me to get the ID of this arowana.

http://youtu.be/TAduB9ZvWMc Sorry for poor video

Moorthy

GonePhishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Philippines
It's clearly a Banjar Red/Yellowtail arowana. There are 6 levels of scales of aro, rtg usually goes til 4th levelshine if you are lucky it goes til 5th level but rarely crossed (although I've seen an RTG that crossed when matured.) HBRTG hits 5th level, if you are lucky 6th level (crossback). Banjar looks like green aro with red or yellow tails and fins.
Rtg and hbrtg are gold in scales, banjar scales are silverish to greenish

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Thanks a lot to clear my doubt.Now i understood the levels of scale from down to top.

Moorthy

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Are there Hb banjar and cb banjar ? Because i have saw the videos of hbrtg,cbgold so is there any types in banjar?

Moorthy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store