Hikari Massivore Delite Pellets (putting them to the test on my adult JAG)

Damon0306

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
New Jersey
Anyone using the new food from Hikari called Massivore Delite??

I just special ordered a small bag of it, because I cannot find it in any of my LFS..

My WC Jag is so fussy!!!!

I have tried almost every pellet food on the market..

This is going to be my last attempt at pellets with this fish for a long time.. When I purchased this WC from Rapps he or she (not sure of the sex of the fish) was pellet-trained.

The fish was eating Hikari Cichlid Gold X-large pellets with NO problems.

Then I started mixing in some freeze-dried krill and that was working well...

Then the fish started not eating the pellets, so I started giving it what it wanted more krill!

Then it said NO more pellets for me... So I started trying every possible variety of pellets from Hikari with no luck.

Being I was worried that all the fish was getting was krill, I started live superworms, at first the fish didn't eat them.

Well now you guessed it, he only wants superworms and spits out the krill!!! :nilly:

Hikari Cichlid Gold (used to eat it no prob) not anymore.

Hikari Cichlid Excel (never touched it)
Hikari Cichlid Bio Gold + (never touched it)

Hikari Food Sticks (never touched it)
Hikari Sinking Carnivore (never touched it)

Omega One Cichlid Pellets (Large Pellet) (ate 1 pellet one time)

And now my last try with this new product from Hikari called Massivore Delite which I hope is just not a larger size pellet of there sinking Carnivore product.

These new pellets are going to be the test for this fish. After I finish the last shipment of my superworms I am not going to give in again.

Here are the specs on these new pellets, they sound pretty good.

Massivore Delite™ is a complete, nutritionally balanced formulation, developed for BIG carnivorous fish whose main diet of live food tends to cause nutritional deficiencies. Using Massivore Delite™ instead of live foods reduces the chance of infection from parasites or bacteria found in most live foods while eliminating the pollutant effect many live foods can create.
Key Benefits

• Nutritional Excellence
    • Each Pellet Contains The Caloric Equivalent Of 1.8 Average Goldfish
    • Each Package Contains The Caloric Equivalent Of More Than 2,500 Goldfish
    • Promotes healthy form
    • Helps reduce fish waste
    • High in stabilized vitamin C to reduce stress and build immunity to disease
    • A well balanced combination of nutritious ingredients designed to stimulate appetite
    • Bio-Technology allows us to use the highest grade of caroteniods available today to help your fish develop their natural, brilliant colors and maintain them
  • Monster Pellet Absorbs Water Quickly & Softens For Ready Acceptance
  • Sinking Quickly & Will Not Cloud The Water
  • Free Of Parasites & Bacteria Common With Live Foods
  • Oxygen Inhibiting Bag Assures Freshness
Available Sizes:
13.4 Oz (22036)
2.2 Lb (22066)

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein 47% Min.
Crude Fat 5% Min.
Crude Fiber 3% Max.
Moisture 10% Max.
Ash 17% Max.
Phosphorus 1% Min.

Ingredients: fish meal, krill meal, starch, wheat flour, dried seaweed meal, brewer's dried yeast, dried A. niger fermentation extract, astaxanthin, canthaxanthin, vitamins and minerals

Additives:
Vitamin A - 48,000 IU/kg
Vitamin C - 180 mg/kg
Vitamin D3 - 9,600 IU/kg
Vitamin E - 1,100 mg/kg
Copper - 16 mg/kg

brettrotchell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2006
Oakville
I love them . thank goodness they came out with a food for large fish . still not big enough in my opinion but it works well . my fish like it .

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
47% is a lot of protein! I've been waiting for these to show up--the ads have been in TFH for months. Where did you get them?

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
Yea i like the look of this new product.....let me know how the jag likes it.......I just sent Hikari and email for my free sample to see if my fish like it............

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Take a picture of the actual food next to a penny so we can see the size of the pellets.

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
Damon0306 I have the same problem with all 3 of my Jags, frustrating as hell that I can't get them to eat pellets. One of the 3 was eating pellets prior to me buying it, got it home ate pellets for a week or so, now won't touch them, however, they all eat flakes. Flakes for a Jag, that's just ***....... :nilly:

Damon0306

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
New Jersey
I ordered the food via ebay. I went to all the petshops in the area and could not find it.

Then just yesterday I went to pickup some frozen-krill (because I never tried it before) and of course the petshop had the new food on the shelf!

I saved 6 bux ordering it online even with shipping, but I would have purchased it in the store if I knew they were going to get it.

I was so tempted to get it, but being I already purchased it in the mail I will just have to wait.

What do you guys think about that frozen-krill that comes in that flat brick?

The package says break pieces off and feed, but I really dont like the fact that I am feeding a solid frozen chunk to the fish.

Still waiting for the new Hikari food to arrive will get pics of the pellets unless someone else here does first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store