different size of fish together

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
i have a 11" bichir, and 2 pbass 6", and a 6" florida gar, can i get and add 2 aro's that are about 9" and a 8" datnoid ? without anyone getting ate, or anything like that ?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
The bichir may chomp the gar especially if lower jaw.

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)
well so far the gar and bichir are good together and the gar is growing quickly.... but im looking at buying a couple 9" aro's tonight and a 8" id datniod and wanna make sure they wont eat anything in my tank like my bass or gar lol

Cloves4Oscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't know much about Gars, Aro's or Bichirs (other than that I want to get a Bichir) but I have different sized CA and SA cichlids in my 220 and they get along fairly well together as long as the individual fish respect eachother's place in the pecking order and know their own. The largest are a 12" Kraussi, a 10" Lady-Jag and a 10" JD and the smallest are a 5" Cuban and a 4" JD and they all hang out together most of the time. Sometimes the little JD gets bullied a little but never anything serious.
That said I put a 3" Midevil in there the other day and it isn't with us anymore...it's chasing Rosy Red's in fish-heaven now! RIP u little demon!

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
well so far the gar and bichir are good together and the gar is growing quickly.... but im looking at buying a couple 9" aro's tonight and a 8" id datniod and wanna make sure they wont eat anything in my tank like my bass or gar lol
Oh okay the new fish will be fine. The new guys wont chomp anyone

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
hmmm, so in reality everyone should be alright then right.... only thing that im somewhat concerned is the 9" aro's being able to eat my gar ? i honestly dont know if the gar would fit in there mouth or if they even try to eat him lol .... but the pecking order hasnt "really" been established in my tank yet that i know of... i think the 2 bass and my chinese algea eater fight for "top dog" lol eventually i think the bass will eat the chinese algea eater anyway (no biggie lol) he does nothing in my tank anymore anyway hahaha

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Oh okay the new fish will be fine. The new guys wont chomp anyone

well thats good news then, was worried the aro's or even the dat since there 9" and 8" would maybe try to eat the gar as he is 6" give or take but not very fat yet but he getting there eating talapia 2 times a day :) hehe im power feeding the crap outta him to get him growing fast and get a head of the other fish and everyone else may grow past him plus then i can starve him for a week to try and get him eating pellets since everyone else in the tank eats pellets including the new fish as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store