gars back fin split

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I have one gar who had his fins split pretty bad... they still haven't closed up... gives him abit of a rag-tag look... lol and i've had others have fins shredded... depends how far down it was ripped and how big the fish is... my LNG is still a baby and the fins show no sign of healing back up though they are clean ect... my flg was already an adult... and took a few weeks but healed up with only a slight "scar"

garboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Chadds Ford PA
thanks for the help hes only 8 in and its tore completely. Doesnt show signs of healing but i had to save the little fella he was in a 5 g at the lfs.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
May never "heal-up" and look normal but the fin will heal.. it'll just never be re-connected.. I haven't found my LNG to have any swimming issues ect because of the fin.. it just doesn't look very nice. And who knows maybe in a few monthes it will re-connect and heal... but it's imo an aestetics issue not a health issue.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I agree with MonsterMinis on this. She's normally spot on with her gar info.

As for pics, it's really easy. When you're in the text box to type stuff, the top of it has a bunch of stuff you can click on. The third thing from the right is a tiny picture of a tree. Click on that. You have two options: from computer or from URL. Click on from computer and select upload files, then select the picture you want to upload.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store