Why am I losing over 2 gal a day?

Rob3rtPhan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Mobile,Al
So I have 3 link tank 180,100, and 75 gal linked. Roughly 325-340 gal of water. 75gal is the sump with 2 dozen strain of pothos plant. I'm constantly filling up 5 gal every 2 days. Can the plants absorb that much or is it just evaporation.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
Likely a combination of both. Transpiration from the plants is also a likely culprit. Basically this is the process of water being taken into the plant's roots and then released through the leaves.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Is the sump covered or not? Are you running air bubbles/ sponges in the tank? How well is your tanks covered? Is there a lot of water movement in your tank/s?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Aqua gnomes they are very close relatives to the underpants gnomes.And they tend to come in when you are asleeep and take a little bit of water out of your tank.It is still unknown on why they do it but many have speculated that it might be used as sort of an offering to the crabpeople to keep peace between the two species.But whatever the case scientists have been working diligently to uncover the sectets behind there strange behavior.

ska_kid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2012
Mars
Aqua gnomes they are very close relatives to the underpants gnomes.And they tend to come in when you are asleeep and take a little bit of water out of your tank.It is still unknown on why they do it but many have speculated that it might be used as sort of an offering to the crabpeople to keep peace between the two species.But whatever the case scientists have been working diligently to uncover the sectets behind there strange behavior.
Dude that's not even funny that's scary lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rob3rtPhan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Mobile,Al
Is the sump covered or not? Are you running air bubbles/ sponges in the tank? How well is your tanks covered? Is there a lot of water movement in your tank/s?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sump half way cover because of 2 inlet hose and plants so cant cover that part.
Every tank is cover.
1 air bubble in sump and 2 power jet in sump.
And I'm moving roughly over 1600gph give or take. Pumps is rated at 2200gph but I have a ball valve on it.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
You sure you don't have a leak somewhere? Is floor around the tank wet? Maybe one of your tanks has a leak? Aquaclear are famous for leaking around the 0-ring where the moter attaches to the filter box.

Rob3rtPhan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Mobile,Al
You sure you don't have a leak somewhere? Is floor around the tank wet? Maybe one of your tanks has a leak? Aquaclear are famous for leaking around the 0-ring where the moter attaches to the filter box.
Lol. You would think I would see 2+ gal on the floor. I do have 2 ac110 but there not leaking.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store