Forum lingo?

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I've been reading through articles on here for a while and people will say something like " female f1" or something similar. What does that mean?

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The F1 and so on terms refer to the offspring of wild caught parents.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
When a fish is refered to as F1 that tells you the fish is the first generation of fish from after wild cought parents (F0).

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
So there is a large pond s couple hours outside of town in the middle of nowhere and I found it and its full of cichlids. They're pretty much all convicts and there are other fish like plattus I think. But they're big. Anyways, those convicts have multiplied into the thousands so they e been there for some time. I caught a couple and have them in my tank. Would this eve considered f0 since technically I caught them in the wild? Or would they be f1 since they aren't native and had to have been released there originally by somebody?

Jacunaba

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
The Land of Big Tanks
So there is a large pond s couple hours outside of town in the middle of nowhere and I found it and its full of cichlids. They're pretty much all convicts and there are other fish like plattus I think. But they're big. Anyways, those convicts have multiplied into the thousands so they e been there for some time. I caught a couple and have them in my tank. Would this eve considered f0 since technically I caught them in the wild? Or would they be f1 since they aren't native and had to have been released there originally by somebody?

these fish are so inbred by now I wouldn't even give an F classification.
yes, there is F2, F3, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ha ha,that's a nice can of worms as its all in the interpretation....While technically they can be considered wild caught,if the pond is not man made....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store