Are DJ power strips safe?

Pontis Lebowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Under Water Bolling Lane
I was looking at this http://www.realrecreationusa.com/p/...Power-Strip-With-Lighted-Toggles-2010819.html DJ power strip for my tanks. I really want the ability to swtich off the power independently to each plug.

Does anyone use anything like this?

Is their a better brand that our indistruy uses?

I am worries the plugs will be too close together. I was thinking about making short extention cords so the plugs can fit easily together.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I don't see it being a problem, as long as you keep it in a spot where water won't get to it. Most people just use basic power strips on their tanks. The fact that it's fused is a big plus too.

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
I actually have all my equipment plugged into battery back up surge protection, the same you would use for network computer systems. I have three, one for each pump. The battery backup is good for about three hours, 5 if I disconnect the heaters. I have seen keepers use full 24hr battery backup systems costing 1000's of$$$.
The surge protection and conveineince are well worth investing in power strips. Those are awesome powerstrips and yes, many keepers use those and other devices, such as battery backup. As mentioned, always keep everything high and dry, even surge protectors.

Pontis Lebowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Under Water Bolling Lane
Ok so my power strip and 1 foot extension cords have arrived. I went with the Mr DJ PSC200. I was reading the reviews on the 108 that i was originally looking at. They were not good. Most people said they were wired wrong and were smoking when plugged in.

Installation was a little tricky because i had to mount the power strip behind the face of the stand. But nothing too crazy. I plugged each one of my outlets in and used my 1 foot extension cords when needed.

I'm about to do a water change and I'm looking forward to having an easy time turning off the heaters and canisters.

So the picture is of it installed on my 60 gal. I still need to do my 180gal.

Again, I'm surprised more keepers don't use something like this. Makes life much easier. As far as I'm concerned, you don't have a pro set up until you have one of these.

So the power strip cost $26 each and a pack of 8 1 foot extension cords was $9. So for $35 bucks it will bring lots of ease to a water change.

Sent from my XT897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1363747012286.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363747025164.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363747042233.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363747053417.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363747067548.jpg

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
DSCF0459.JPG

I have on my tank I love it so much, make sit easy to turn stuff on and off. Saltwater guys have been using them for a while.

DSCF0459.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store