Who RENTS and has a Massive tank?

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
Long story short, I have too many tanks and have to go bigger for my rays. Just want to know how many people RENT an apt or portion of a house and have larger tanks. Anything over 220gallons etc. Just want a heads up on possible issues, things to look into etc. Thiking of moving (again) and I cannot afford a house lol.

Sent from MFK App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
There have been threads on here about people having problems with even just 1x 125G tank and finding places to rents, so having multiple large tanks sounds like you may have to look around quite hard depending on the area?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
In my last apartment I had two 125g with no problem, just was made clear that I was liable for any water damage (there was none). Really, if it is an apartment, you just need one that allows pets. Then just check the lease that they can't just enter your apartment whenever they want. With that you can just move the tank in after signing the lease, and then move it out before they do their last walk through when you move out. The only problem you would possible run into is if you ask them to come in and fix something.

As long as you don't welcome them into your apartment to fix something (or any other reason) then they cannot enter. My brother had a similar situation where his landlady entered his and his wife's apartment when they had not asked her to do anything. Supposedly it was against the lease to have any candles. She ended up losing out when it wasn't in the lease and was found in violation for entering. End result: my brother and sister-in-law got 6 months of rent free!!

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
Long story short, I have too many tanks and have to go bigger for my rays. Just want to know how many people RENT an apt or portion of a house and have larger tanks. Anything over 220gallons etc. Just want a heads up on possible issues, things to look into etc. Thiking of moving (again) and I cannot afford a house lol.

Sent from MFK App
My main concern for you would be that you seem to live in NYC.... And getting a giant tank up into your apartment depending on where you live and actually having a FLOOR to support a heavy tank lol. I was planning on moving into the city over the summer but didn't think i'd be able to bring my fish with me lol

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
I lived in an apt and had a 240 and 150 in the living room. My roomate had 2 60s, a 46, a 30, and a 10 setup in the living room as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
225g in the basement of my old rented house, now Its in the basement of the house I own a lot of landlords don't mind cause its a hands off pet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store