Gar n Geo

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
This morning I woke up to my 4" G. Braselensis in the mouth of my gar. Idk why or how it happened but Lu lily the geo survived. The gar is very well fed he eats floating omega one pellets and massivore delight daily with the occasional shrimp. Anyone know what might have provoked him to try and eat my geo?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rayshot1

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
California
Well he's a Far..so it was only a matter of time:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Well yes I know instinct. I've just never had any aggression out if him. He usually just hangs out in the top left of the tank til feeding time. I fed my fish last night, he ate 3 massivores 3 floating pellets and a piece of shrimp I was feeding the bass and ray. Then he tres to eat the geo 7 hours later? Just doesn't add up in my mind

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well yes I know instinct. I've just never had any aggression out if him. He usually just hangs out in the top left of the tank til feeding time. I fed my fish last night, he ate 3 massivores 3 floating pellets and a piece of shrimp I was feeding the bass and ray. Then he tres to eat the geo 7 hours later? Just doesn't add up in my mind

Its not aggression in any way shape or form. Its a feeding instinct. If you have a predator (the gar) mixed with fish that look like one of his natural prey items, in this case small sunfish (the geos), he's going to try to eat them. There's nothing you can do to prevent it. Its what the gar does.

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
Its not aggression in any way shape or form. Its a feeding instinct. If you have a predator (the gar) mixed with fish that look like one of his natural prey items, in this case small sunfish (the geos), he's going to try to eat them. There's nothing you can do to prevent it. Its what the gar does.
+ 1 why dont people get this? They put a predator in a box with prey and wonder why the predator is so mean!!! Idiots

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store