MFKer's in RDU area?

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
So, I was wondering how many people near Raleigh/Durham/chapel hill there are. If you live here you know it is an awful place to be an aquarium hobbiest. No good stores I know of around since fish pros closed. I know of three near here. Me, jellybeanjimbo, and NCStateFisher.

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
So glad to see some MFK'ers on here from my area!!! I'm in the Raleigh area (Louisburg).
Thats great! Im in the NCSU area. Where do you normally go for supplies/fish? the best place ive found is the pet supermarket in cary. The guy that runs it really likes fish and gets in some really coolfish. Ive seen Aro's, Rays, Puffers, RTC's, TSN's, Gar's, and lots of other cool fish.

Smart1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2012
Louisburg, NC
Hi again! I usually go to Birds of Paradise in Henderson. Jeannette can get most any fish I want and is WAY cheaper than anyone else. I go to Aquarium Outfitters sometimes, but not often. I've never been to Pet Supermarket, I need to take a trip to Cary and check that out!

adbuley

Feeder Fish
Apr 30, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hey yall! I'm new(ish) to MFK- used to be on here years ago as a highschooler w/ a bunch of tanks and a bunch of free time, but I had to downsize a few years ago through school. I'm in the Raleigh area and have also felt like there's not much in the fish trade around here, I miss fish pro's! :( I'd love suggestions for good places to check out (I've been to the fish room, all the regular chains, and a few other places). I'd also really like to find a place or local hobbyist with a good selection of (preferably cheap) freshwater plants. Incase anybody is curious, I love central and south american cichlids...so if you have some to sell or know of a good supplier, get in touch with me!

Thanks guys!
Abby

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
Hey yall! I'm new(ish) to MFK- used to be on here years ago as a highschooler w/ a bunch of tanks and a bunch of free time, but I had to downsize a few years ago through school. I'm in the Raleigh area and have also felt like there's not much in the fish trade around here, I miss fish pro's! :( I'd love suggestions for good places to check out (I've been to the fish room, all the regular chains, and a few other places). I'd also really like to find a place or local hobbyist with a good selection of (preferably cheap) freshwater plants. Incase anybody is curious, I love central and south american cichlids...so if you have some to sell or know of a good supplier, get in touch with me!

Thanks guys!
Abby
Fish pros was the best! It was right down the street from me. The guy at pet supermarket in Cary is a big fish guy. He has brown hair and normally wares a black forearm sleeve on one of his arms. You can get him to order fish in cheap. Thankfully I'm a big natives person so I can just catch most of my fish.

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine

Thanks guys!
Abby
Logan's in downtown raleigh has lots of plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store