so im gonna start aging water for my watere changes

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
i have a 20 gal that i plan to take out 10 gals a week and replaced with aged water, i put the water in a bucket and dechlorinate it with the right amount of prime and let it sit for a wile with and airstone constantly plugged in, should i age it then dechlorinate right before or no? what do you guys do?

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I dont really see the benefit. Prime works as soon as it contacts chlorine or chloramine as is my understanding so aging it would only help if temperature is a consideration. I suppose it wont hurt but seems like extra effort, time and electricity you could spend doing something else

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
I thought ageing water was to allow the chlorine to gas off so you don't have to use a dechlorinator? Ageing doesn't work for chloramines though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
i heard from alotta people its better, but screw wont hurt to try, gotta try somethin new once in a wile

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
i also believe aging water is to release chlorine. suppose aging it cant hurt, id be careful to keep it in a closed container to make sure it doesnt pick up xontaminents in the air(cleaning products and such)

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
i also believe aging water is to release chlorine. suppose aging it cant hurt, id be careful to keep it in a closed container to make sure it doesnt pick up xontaminents in the air(cleaning products and such)
is that ur buttikoferi?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store