Black ghost + Clown knife + Ornate bichir + Fire eel + Sailfin Plec + arowana???????

zappyitaliano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2012
United Kingdom, London
Will Black ghost knife + Clown knife + Ornate bichir + Fire eel + Sailfin Plec + all get along together??

I was thinking putting the black ghost and fire eel and plec first. Let them grown to a large enough size so they wont be swallowed by the more aggressive Clown knife and arowana.

I think this will work from my research. Will it?

Also if i get an arowana which species is best for my tank

My tank will be 1134 litres
250 imperial gallons
300 US gallons

Thanks for your help monster fish keepers!

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I've rarely kept plecos, but when I did I would always find spots on my bichir where the pleco had sucked off his slime coat. Possibly because I wasn't getting the pleco enough food, but it's still a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Agree with Kaliedoscope.. i had that bgk and clownknife combination and even bgk was 2-3 times larger then CK, CK kept bothering her (tho bgk wasnt that innocent either)..ended up with selling bgk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
The pleco will absolutely suck on your poly and cause it a great deal of stress and sickness. Not a good combo.

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
As long as the fish are similar size growing up I don't see too many problems happening. If they do come up then deal with them. Feed your fish a wide variety of food and make sure there is enough for everyone. Make sure you have some caves and hiding places for fish that feel threatned. In my younger days in the hobby I had about the same fish with the addition of more species with no serious problems.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
The pleco will absolutely suck on your poly and cause it a great deal of stress and sickness. Not a good combo.
and to the gar too, IMO if you only want to keep the sailfin there to clean the tank then just get rid of it; but if you're actually want to keep the sailfin then take it to another tank.
The sailfin will start to suck on the gar's slim coat at night after he get used to all the fish in tank. that will make the gar vulnerable to deadly infections and if go unnoticed long enough can even make the gar's scales fall off and die.

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
I don't have much experience with the sailfin I only had one for a few weeks. I have had problems with larger plecos sucking though. Try a species of panaque I've never had issue.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
and to the gar too, IMO if you only want to keep the sailfin there to clean the tank then just get rid of it; but if you're actually want to keep the sailfin then take it to another tank.
The sailfin will start to suck on the gar's slim coat at night after he get used to all the fish in tank. that will make the gar vulnerable to deadly infections and if go unnoticed long enough can even make the gar's scales fall off and die.
please ignore what I said about the gar, I was kinda tired and thought I see that there are gar and bichir in this comb. But what can happen to the gar can happen to the bichir as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store