Just sold a tank with a chip and wanna know if it will be ok

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
I've had this tank for about 2 years or so. Hasn't been filled in a while. Uncle had it before with same chip and it held water fine. Its on the back and there's a small peice being he'll on by the outer silicone. All seams look fine and all silicone looks and feels great. I sold it too a friend for $240 just because and he looked at it and still wanted it. I said it would hold water and said if it didn't I would give his money back and take the tank back. I told him I didn't wanna sell him something if he had doubts. I think some glass epoxy would be fine to fix the chip. Whatcha think? Its a 6' 150 gallon.
uploadfromtaptalk1362963265247.jpg

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
He's already setting it up I guess. There no spidering on the chip so that's what makes me think it should be fine. Its not a deep chip but I told him if at anytime in the next week it worries him ill refund his money. I've seen worse chips hold water for years. I know the condition of the silicone makes or breaks a tanks chances of leaking. The silicone looked great. I told him to epoxy the outside. I would hate for something to happen especially cuz its a friend of mine

bulldovii

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fairfield, Illinois
It will be fine. Compared to some of the chips on tanks I've seen on here that's a small one.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
It will be fine. Compared to some of the chips on tanks I've seen on here that's a small one.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks. I just bought tank thank leaked after the first night but was a easy fix and I've had a tank break so I know how all that goes. I wouldn't wish it on anyone especially my friend. I'm just stressing myself over it

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
If it were me I would not have anything to do with it. I had too many bad experiances with "its just a small chip". Water damage could get expensive or lead to a law suit if your renting. Just go get a new one or save for a bigger one. Not worth the aggravation if it should leak imo.

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
Tank is in his finishes basement. I haven't heard from him so I take that it went up fine

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
I'm gonna text him later this morn to see how things went. I stress over things like this cuz I've had tanks leak. I've sold and bought fish from him so I wanna see the tank workout for him cuz he sold his big tank and regrets it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store