Fish that eat plants

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Depends on the plants you have. Some are tasty to them, some are not. What plants do you want them to eat and why?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This is a rhetorical question! lol

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
There are some plants that under excellent lighting with good nutrition will grow quite fast. There are some fish that will nibble on plants but given other adequate food sources will only supplement their diet with plants.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd put together an aquarium with those types of concerns. People who wanted heavily planted tanks look for fish who don't eat plants, while people who like fish that eat plants, leave plants out of the tank and provide a lot of vegetation in the diet in other ways.

I don't care for some of the less edible plants, but if you do (as has been suggested), that is a way to go.

Gardian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Toronto
I have a 55 gallon tank with too much foliage. I have several plants that I could trim but I was hoping I could buy a fish that would do the job for me. I have Amazon swords, dwarf hairgrass, baby tears, glossostigma elatinoides, lindernia rotundifolia, and a few I’m not sure what they are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store