Update on my 2 ray tanks!

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Very nice Tor.
In the large setup, what type of Geos are the ones with the purpleish pectoral fins and in the second why is the half of the face black on what I am assuming is a Satanoperca species? Was it born that way?

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Very nice Tor.
In the large setup, what type of Geos are the ones with the purpleish pectoral fins and in the second why is the half of the face black on what I am assuming is a Satanoperca species? Was it born that way?
Those geos are Altifrons on steroids :D I think i hit the nail on the lightsetup on the tank.. now i just want a little more light in the future. 3x30w led and 2x49w t5 atm. The satanoperca is a leucosticta, they are truely amazing in their color. What happend to the one with half black face i dont know, i had to take a second look myselfe a few days ago.. No scares, no ill effects, just half negro. Gues he took a Michael Jackson! I can digg it.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Lookin good. I guess the rays are doing well now?
Yeah, everything is well.. I really didnt do anything either, gues he was just stressed or something. But he is not one of those who grow big back when he eats, but the identical brother of his does. So it might have bin a false alarm. But since 2 went away a few months back i got a little scared. Now i know what to do if something similar happens, i have had a alot of request on PM after that thread, gues many people have had the same issue but to affraid to post.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

edit: Can anyone PM me about how to quote multiple answeres in one post? Its messy with all these posts from the same guy(me) in a row.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Those geos are Altifrons on steroids :D I think i hit the nail on the lightsetup on the tank.. now i just want a little more light in the future. 3x30w led and 2x49w t5 atm. The satanoperca is a leucosticta, they are truely amazing in their color. What happend to the one with half black face i dont know, i had to take a second look myselfe a few days ago.. No scares, no ill effects, just half negro. Gues he took a Michael Jackson! I can digg it.
Had three nice Leucosticta myself but my rays liked them better. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store