Worst time your fish made you jump?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Im not talking about bites, thats been done.(but never hurts) But have your fish done something to scare the bonkers out of you? Made you scream like a girl? Need to change your pants? Splash water everywhere because you jumped so high? Near death close calls? Injury close calls? Dropped a light in the tank close calls? Ide like to hear these stories :D

Btw i thought to ask because a hand feeding idea of mine just turned into a show when i got a catfish stuck on my finger and bit on the other side of the hand by my gar. Double whamy!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
How about my Apollo shark that actually jumped overnight into the smaller tank with all my small fish still intact the next morning? Frightened me to death as my other tank had precious licorice gouramis. That darn fish with its big mouth. :/

albyoscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2006
The home of the CHIEEEFS
Feeding my 2.5' aro when my oscar tried for the same piece of shrimp scared him and he jumped out of the tank and behind it! I kinda freaked out cuz im a big dude lol had grab a towel and crawl under the tank to get him. Luckily he survived and I had a pair of fresh undies bwahahaha

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
How about my Apollo shark that actually jumped overnight into the smaller tank with all my small fish still intact the next morning? Frightened me to death as my other tank had precious licorice gouramis. That darn fish with its big mouth. :/

How on earth? So he ate them or not? That would suck.

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
I had panic stations recently moving my 20 inch silver arowana to another tank. He didn't want to stay in the net and became a wrestling match. Ended up somehow grabbing him in a headlock and making a dash to the new tank. Got him in fine in the end which was a big relief but was not good for the heart

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Feeding my 2.5' aro when my oscar tried for the same piece of shrimp scare him and he jumped out of the tank and behind it! I kinda freaked out cuz im a big dude lol had grab a towel and crawl under the tank to get him. Luckily he survived and I had a pair of fresh undies bwahahaha
Lol do they always have to jump to thee most unreachable areas? I mean really!

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
I had panic stations recently moving my 20 inch silver arowana to another tank. He didn't want to stay in the net and became a wrestling match. Ended up somehow grabbing him in a headlock and making a dash to the new tank. Got him in fine in the end which was a big relief but was not good for the heart
Who said fish keeping relieves stress huh?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
How on earth? So he ate them or not? That would suck.

I always left my smaller tank open topped with hanging lights since the fish were just licorice gouramis and Kuhli loaches with plenty of driftwoods and plants. The bigger tank beside it was concealed but not well enough that it took me a few minutes after waking up to register I only had two apollos left. I kept searching for signs around even if it means a dried banana shaped fish until I faced a smaller tank and shouted in surprise it went to the other tank. Counted my other fish and none went missing thankfully.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I was armpit deep in the tank trying to get something off of the bottom. I didn't see my aro and it spooked and jumped like aros like to do. Damn thing hit me right in the face and scared the bejeezus out of me!

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Twice already while catching other fish ive had one fish jump out hit me in the shoulder and face and land back in the other side of tank that had the lid open. What luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store