Weirdest things that have happened on a fishing trip?

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you while fishing?
When i was fishing at the local marina i caught a trout, then some crazy old dude started saying "Those are my fish! You stole my fish!". Total bull, as he was across the marina from me. He insisted that I give him the fish, I declined. I left my tackle box on the dock and went to go measure the fish. When I released the fish and came back to my tackle box, the old dude was standing next to it with a smug look on his face. I looked at my tackle box and it appears as though he defecated in it.

tampa_bass

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2012
your girlfriend's
was fishing in tampa bay when i caught a 29" red fish and while i was reeling it in another one took my bait on another rod and before i could go to grab it my stradic reel and loomis rod were long gone into the bay.. never came up

bassfisher91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2012
New York
I was ice fishing once and some guy came out and told me he was a guide on the lake and had clients on shore. He said I was in "his" favorite spot and he asked if I would move....I told him to go...pound sand:). Pretty sure he was drunk though.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Was fishing on my brother's boat off the Jersey shore. Had a bite, set the hook. Reeled the fish in. It was a skate. There was another hook and line in it's mouth. Pulled the line in and on the end of it was a practically brand new pole (still had the price sticker on it) and a penn reel. Another time we drifted up on an anchored boat and I got to watch a pair of homo sapiens reproducing on the floor of the boat. I think all the whistling, clapping, and cheering interrupted them. LOL!

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I once caught a dead 3' walleye(it was floating). We were trolling and one of our lines got snagged on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store