changing t8 bulbs suggestions

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
so i have a 48" shop light with 2 6500k ge daylight bulbs and i find im not a fan of the looks as it looks a tad yellowish... so i put a old aqua glo bulb in it... and i like it much better all though the bulb is wore out IMO, it looks purple when you look at the actual light lol not as bright as it actually should be compared to a new bulb...

does anyone have pics of dual aqua bulbs ? someone at a LFS suggested an aqua glo and life glo .. all though the life glo is like 50$ and the aqua glo is 25$.... should i just get a pair of aqua glo's for my shop light then or what ya guys think ... this store here typically only carries hagen stuff

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Find out the k values of the aquarium bulb then find the Sylvania equivalent then call your local electrical supply house or hardware store to buy it.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Find out the k values of the aquarium bulb then find the Sylvania equivalent then call your local electrical supply house or hardware store to buy it.
the bulb i have is this one and this is exactly what is printed on the hagen website....The Aqua-GLO T8, 15 W linear fluorescent aquarium bulb generates an ideal fish colour-enhancing spectrum and delivers a strong photosynthetic range of light very capable of stimulating vigorous plant growth. This normal output bulb has a colour temperature of 18000K and fits all suitable standard and electronic ballasts. It is an excellent bulb to combine with Power-GLO and/or Life-GLO bulbs in most planted aquariums. Size: 46 cm 40watts

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store