China Lfs stingray + other giants

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Wish all my local fish stores here had 10% of that stock in stingrays.
Very lucky having a place like that.
Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Beautiful red Arrowana and wish it is legal in US.

Where in China is the LFS you took the picture, or China is the store name in Canada.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I wish!
NIce lfs you guys have over there.
Id be even more broke if our fish shops looked like that.

Arghas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
canada
It's in Beijing it's called shi Li he. It's like 3 shopping malls all together-all fish, it took me around 4 hours to check all the shops.

I sort of feel that I'm being ripped off though when I ask the price. The bd's here (last pic) was being sold for 7.5 k usd for the pair. The small Leo's were from 3k-2k a pair.

I found a "good" guy who said he could get me a pair for 1.3k but he currently has no stock and for me to wait till the 25th of march. On the Internet the going rate is also 1.3k a pair.

Oddly here though, they don't sell per piece of rays. The rtg ave 120-300 usd (foreigner price) super reds around 300-1000 (juves)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
There is no way to not be amazed at chinese lfs's

I know a street in Hong Kong just with Lfs's...unforgetable experience. Spent two straight days there!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If you are obvious foreigner they will try and rip you off, but if you see one you absolutely must have best bet is to try and bargain with them to try and drop there price...

A lot of the times they will, so always worth a shot...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
What is the street address or the name of the mall? I will visit South Korea next month and may swing by Biejing to check out the fish mall.

Does anyone know if Seoul has a fish mall or fish street worth to visit?

I've been to the Hong Kong fish street and it's amazing. There must be 30 stores packed on two streets, all small and specialized. Many fish are prebagged so customers can just pay and go. Hong Kong is very cramped and doesn't have a huge market for big monster fish like in Beijing.

HK4.jpg

HK5.jpg

HK9.jpg

HK11.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store