canister devoted to carbon !

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
so i wanna add a 3rd canister to my tank but only filled with carbon and pads to polish the water as the other 2 filters are devoted to bio basically...i was thinking of maybe a rena xp3 2 trays full of carbon, and then 3rd tray with sponges to collect the particales and such... and then also add a inline heater whether they make em up to 400watt inline i dunno, be better if they had BIG heater for inline stuff... any help would be great

thanks rob

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
i am not a fan of carbon... It is expensive and not really good... i think a filter dedacated to filter pads would be nice... filter pads have fair biological filtration and great mechanical filtration...

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
hmmm, i thought bout running a 300watt on the output of the filter and the input of the filter and then take out the heaters i have outta my tank so it a tad cleaner looking...and i find if i dont have carbon in the tank my water gets yellowish tinge to it after a week... and i have tried everything else to help prevent it and i get nothing i think it just my crappy tap water... i have carbon in my 75g and it stays clear for weeks ! i can buy 14.5lbs of carbon of like 75$ or 3.6lbs for 25$ which aint very expensive i dont think ... also thought about maybe seachem hyporsorb rather then carbon ?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Carbon has a validity period.

Then it leaches everything back into the water.

Only good to remove meds. Then take it away.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
ok then what can i use to get rid of discolouration in the tank water ? maybe some seachem hyposorb or purigen in a canister ? or in a reactor or what can i do ?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Yopou can in a canister

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store