The Official Walking Dead Comic Book Discussion Thread

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Alright I'm tired of posting spoiler alerts for those who are still in child seats on the Walking Dead tv show bandwagon. Come over to this thread when you guys decide to put your big boys pants on.

You can youtube the comics. Just search for "the walking dead comic 1" start from the first issue. and then "2" and "3" and so on. Look for this guy's (thewalkingdead08) videos. He's got 1-108.

Anyways, feel free to discuss any subject, likes, dislikes or gripes about the comic book

I'm kinda mad at chris now for getting me into the comics. reading the comics has upset the balance. I was really into the show and after reading the comics, I've lost a level of interest in the show. The key characters in the show just doesn't do the comic characters justice. Rick, the gov, andrea, carl,......

Only one that portrays them accurately are Glenn and kind of Michonne imo. But the one character on the show that is better than the comic character is Maggie.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Neat idea Sumo..surprised a mod didnt already do this.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I been meaning to for a while now actually but there aren't that many readers so I didn't see the point. hopefully there will be more soon.

you need to give it a look krich. I really think you'll get into it. there's a lot to talk about and some characters that are pretty badass that isn't in the show. not at this point anyways

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I did at some point but the artwork kind of turned me off....I used to draw years ago and that's always been a big part of my enjoyment of cartoons and comics,the artwork and or graphics..If I don't like the art then it's hard for me to get more into the content.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I did at some point but the artwork kind of turned me off....I used to draw years ago and that's always been a big part of my enjoyment of cartoons and comics,the artwork and or graphics..If I don't like the art then it's hard for me to get more into the content.
do it for the story man. I know you'll like it. I kinda wish it would be in color too though

Just wanted to be on the first page. Catch you guys later

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
man, just hurry up and read already damn it

a lot of good stuff I can't talk to you about because of spoilers

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't mind the lack of color.I just like realistic artwork.I will give it another look for the read though.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
give me an example of good artwork. i do see that the art can be a little better but I actually don't mind the artwork. it's not detailed like other superhero comics but I think that might be the look they're going for.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just realistic looking.One of the reasons I never got into Anime was they all seem to be drawn by the same artist.It all looks so angular,like the characters were chipped from diamonds...I was never a big comic buff but years ago I used to love to read The Savage Sword of Conan...It was in black and white,almost like an adult comic as it featured a good bit of partial female nudity but the artwork was very detailed and realistic looking.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
speaking of nudity, the comics shows a shot of andrea's backside too at one point lol. i know eddie will like that

and there are many partial noods in the comic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store