Are triggerfish safe with butterfly

james331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Mamou
Starting a 75 gallon tank i would like 1 of each trigger fish,angel,butterfly and a surgeon, Any suggestion, or help i will need?

krausch

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
wisconsin
Pretty much all butterfly fish need an aquarium with live rock and a lot of places to hide. If you plan on getting a trigger such as a Niger or blue jaw, you would be alright, seeing as they are more passive than other trigger fish. I would recommend getting the butterfly first, and let it get well established before adding a trigger.
Another thing to consider is that surgeon fish can be aggressive toward other similar looking fish as well. I had a yellow tang terrorize my queen angel because it was yellow.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

james331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Mamou
Assassi triggerfish and golden butterfly, Emperor angel ,and a surgeon, got the live sand and rock 77 lbs of rock so far tank is cycled just getting an idea of what i would like, and what can live together ,All fish will be place in tank at same time..

james331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Mamou
CAnt Ive read if i put the assassi triggerfish first its his tank, what would the order i would put them in than in 8 hr. time ... can someone please discuss this ,and what the best cheapest place online to get these fish.. talk to lfs to high, seen cheaper online ,where do you get your fish online thats a great price

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I've got a blue throat and a coral beauty in my 90g "reef". I've had no problems with aggression, I keep everyone well fed. Everybody hand feeds, so I feed until they don't come up for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store