Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
awesome stock man! how big is the tank?

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
my old RCK was pushing 20" when I sold him (had to make room for new stock). I will always have a soft spot for knifefish now, especialy the royals. You do know once they hit sexual maturity they wont tolerate eachother in the same tank right?

Bigfish7471

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2011
London
The tank is 8x2x2 will be upgrading to a 12x3x3 so that should be fun, i've got another post on here, under the ancient fish threads titled royal knife fish, silver arowans, jaguars etc have a look if you want to see how i put the 8x2x2 together.

Tiller11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
Kansas, United States
How big arw they... Im suprised they dont fight... From all ive read and heard once they get biggwr its really hard to keep 2 together

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bigfish7471

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2011
London
One off the royal knife Fish is 15" and the other is close to 20" they were initially both 4" but once they hit 12" one became very dominant, they do fight but nothing serious, as for the other fish like silver arowanas they really bother any fish, the only fish in the tank that get a little aggressive is the Jaguars but only when their about to lay eggs, but aside from breeding season, all the fish don't bother each other, I'm not sure why everyone else has trouble keeping pairs, I had two clownknifes at 28" in my 9ft tank they were with 12, 10" Oscars and they were ok a few fights but again nothing serious

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I had one as large as your bigger one, years ago.

Loevely knives!

Bigfish7471

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2011
London
Thanks for your compliments, I'll be uploading a new video off my new setup and you can see some new additions, only 4 from the 8 new additions the other remaining 4 need to grow more before I can put them into the 8ft tank, you'll see, can't wait till I upgrade to the all glass 12'x3'x3' aquarium in June ish time, will keep y'all posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store