Newly converted tank. FW to SW.

Jon MacLeod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2013
Washington
Here's my 80g converted to a salt tank. Cycling tank right now with live rock. Building this tank for my wife, I'm more partial to natural looking tanks. But she loves her decorations. Not doing a reef only a fowler tank.

Question is.

The main fish she wants is a Clown fish. She hasn't totally decided which.
What else can I put in with clown fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I did a similar thing, but I transplanted an existing established 90g fowlr to my house. My wife wanted clowns as well.

We went with a select pair of black/white ocellaris clowns and a haddons carpet anemone on one end as well as a select pair of tank bred ocellaris clowns. No fighting, yet, but I don't plan on keeping them together much longer. I'm rehoming the fish in July because I'm moving to hawaii.

Anyways, my tankmates include:
Blue throat trigger fish (my FAVORITE!!!! he's got so much personality)
Coral beauty
Foxface Lo
Fire shrimp
blue spot jawfish
yellow sleeper goby
cleaner shrimp
Reef lobster

No fish, just happy fish. I went live rock with a few corals I got for free.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
That stockist looks good. You could add some damsels for color or some cardinal fish. Your options are pretty open with an 80 gallon community tank. Stay away from lionfish or eels though

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
You could do puffers in a fowlr. Stars and stripes puffers are cool :D

I must have missed your stock list, what is it?

Jon MacLeod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2013
Washington
Nothing in the tank as of yet. Damsels will be added Friday. Then another later I will start adding fish.

The one thing that will be in the tank are Maroon Clown Fish my wife made up her mind on the one she wanted. Looking for tank mates.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Maroon clowns are awesome. Check out ibluewater's clowns, they are AMAZING but insanely expensive.

Blue throat triggers, like I said, are my favorite. Coral beauties are awesome too, very social fish. I highly recommend one, very easy fish to please.

Jon MacLeod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2013
Washington
Can't wait. Wife and I are researching all the fish we both like and trying to narrow them down to 5 or 6 of the ones we want. Depending on fish. Don't want to over crowd.

Ill keep updating the tank and the switch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store