Red Sea Coral Pro salt

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
I am currently using the kent salt mix, but I was thinking about switching to Red Sea coral pro for some extra trace elements, anyone else use it? I was liking at its numbers and the Kh seems alittle low at 7.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I am currently using the kent salt mix, but I was thinking about switching to Red Sea coral pro for some extra trace elements, anyone else use it? I was liking at its numbers and the Kh seems alittle low at 7.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It does perform as advertised. I get consistent levels of 1350mag,11-12dkh and 450cal and always a stable pH at 8.2-8.4. Nitrate and phosphate free. My corals really took off with the high levels of ca and mag.

It does take a bit longer to mix though. I let mine sit for about 2 days and mix compared to IO that I let sit for 24 hours. I'll never switch to another salt brand again

Sent from my XT901 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Sounds good, I think I will order a bucket when I finish this bag off.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Red sea pro is very high in alk if you don't have a tank that using 3dkh a day or more I'd stick with a salt mix lower in cal + mag. Alk readings of 7-10 are good if higher than alk will continue to build making things uncomfortable for all inhabitants.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
My bubble coral lost some of its skeleton due to a sponge, so wouldnt higher Ca, Mg, and alk levels help it out? The only corals i keep are lps and softies though so I don't know how much they really need.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
My bubble coral lost some of its skeleton due to a sponge, so wouldnt higher Ca, Mg, and alk levels help it out? The only corals i keep are lps and softies though so I don't know how much they really need.
Sps are more dependent on cal and mag than anything else. It definitely doesn't hurt them though

Sent from my XT901 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store