My first Silver Arowana - Osteoglossum bicirrhosum - ARO power!

Pedro Cruz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
This is my first experience with a Osteoglossum bicirrhosum. Is has about 4 inches and started to eat JBL cihlid sticks M. What else do you recomend me to feed it right now? How many times a day? I've red 4 times a day in yougsters like mine...

By now my Aro is alone in a 50 gallons tank. Can I get her some tank mates that don't bother her and vice versa? What do you suggest?

Some pics and video of my sweet ARO:

[video=youtube;b7jgDvEFrEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7jgDvEFrEw[/video]

It is a fantastic fish! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
If you have it on pellets do not feed anything else, Pedro.

Can you get NLS or Aro floating sticks?

Jbl is not bad, but there is better food out there.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
They jump, make sure your tank top is sealed and secure.

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Agreed with everyone else keep it solo make sure your tank is covered and its great if you can get it on a steady diet of good pellets like nls or hikari

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pedro Cruz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Thanks everyone! Today I reinforced the glasses that already covered the tank, specially near th filter tubes.
I'll try to buy better floating food to my dear Aro. It isn't easy to get Hikari and Nls nearby... It is very expensive the few places I can get it, but my Aro deserves the best.

May be I'll just add a little group of corydoras to eat the amount of food that reaches de bottom.

Best regards!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Pedro, once it grows a bit, that cardboard ia not enough...

As for food, you can get NLS at a very decent prizw. Ask JoaoM for the contact.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I've raised all my aros in Hikari food sticks, but if you can get NLS for a much better price then give it a go, both are high quality foods. And as Miguel said don't under-estimate how powerful these fish are when they jump!!

Pedro Cruz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Thanks mates! I'll try to find another way to stop the aro to jump off the tank.
The nls food - "NLS EXLG. FISH FORMULA, 7.5MM - 375G" is already bought! ;) I think I'll crush it a the begining cause is too big for my little aro.

I'm really enjoying this fish and considering the chance of buying another one the same size... can I have them together, right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store