125g first salt

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Thinking of moving the remnents of the GARmy into a rubbermaid and converting my 125 into a salt tank. With my divorce and everything, and losing half my GARmy I just need a big tank change. First salt tank I think will do the trick.

Thinking of going eel. Any ideas? I was thinking of doing two snowflake eels.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Do a puffer. I finally got one today and I'm glad I did. He's awesome and gets along well with my other fish (blue throat trigger, powder brown tang, foxface lo, coral beauty, etc).

Good luck with the divorce :(

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
those guys sure look cool, just make sure you have a lid on that tank or he will become carpet jerky. they love to slither out. i am glad to see another conversion to the salty side, welcome. im glad you have a nice sized tank to start out with.

good luck

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Hi Lep!! Its good to finally see you over on this side of the fence!! :D :welcome:

Hmmm...A 125, huh? Snowflakes are reef-safe....You thinkin corals? I'm with those guys ^. A tang or puffer would be cool. An angel would be nice too. :)

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I've found that the time spent researching and setting up a tank on the dark side is a good distraction from anything that's unpleasant in your personal life.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
those guys sure look cool, just make sure you have a lid on that tank or he will become carpet jerky. they love to slither out. i am glad to see another conversion to the salty side, welcome. im glad you have a nice sized tank to start out with.

good luck
This is the truth. I've got decently heavy glass covering my tank, heavy enough to keep my trigger in the tank :D

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den

good luck
Iv had a handful of spiney eels so im used to escape artists. But thanks :)

Hi Lep!! Its good to finally see you over on this side of the fence!! :D :welcome:

Hmmm...A 125, huh? Snowflakes are reef-safe....You thinkin corals? I'm with those guys ^. A tang or puffer would be cool. An angel would be nice too. :)
Hey! Reef safe in that they wont harm corals but will eat crabs. Im thinking a fowlr and eels. Just trying to decide on sp. Would love to go the shark route but a much larger tank is NOT gonna be possible with child support and everything for a loooonnnggg time. And thanks for the welcome :D

I've found that the time spent researching and setting up a tank on the dark side is a good distraction from anything that's unpleasant in your personal life.
Truth! But guess thats what happens when u marry someone who doesnt understand how to remain faithful.... Two affairs later....

Anyway, also looking at zebra eels. They cost alot more so I could only get one for awhile. From what iv found snowflake can be with zebras but finding alot of conflicting tank sizes for zebras. Some are the entire way at 60g, some 250g+. So I have no clue if my 125g would work.

Atm im thinking 1 snow, 1 zebra or 2 snowflake. I think 2 snow/1 zebra would sadly be too much. Any other sp to read up on? It would have to be 125 compatable for good, and pref be ok with another eel. Id like at least 2.

Oh and have looked at chain link morays.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Sorry to here about your experiences. I say get more gars and call it a day....

A 125 would be good for a while on a zebra. If I remember right they get 5'. You should be able to house a snowflake and a zebra in it. Or even more. All depends on your filtration. Just have as much rock as you can fit. Do a sump with rubble rock as well. Good flow and you should be good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Sorry to here about your experiences. I say get more gars and call it a day....

A 125 would be good for a while on a zebra. If I remember right they get 5'. You should be able to house a snowflake and a zebra in it. Or even more. All depends on your filtration. Just have as much rock as you can fit. Do a sump with rubble rock as well. Good flow and you should be good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Iv seen one site that said 5' but all others say 3'.

The chain link appears like itd work. Also found Ocellated Moray Eel and Fimbriated Moray Eel with the fimbriated being much better looking. But unsure on compatabilty of all these. Back to researching!!!

And I love my gars but after losing a florida and a spot to a filter turning off and causing an ammonia spike, which then caused a hierarchy shift and my largest fl breaking my sng's back(killing it) and one of my other fl's back(still alive) iv just decided to try something anew. Iv always wanted morays so....

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Agreed!! Its like a whole new world!! (Little mermaid reference maybe?)

I've only researched little fish as I only have a small tank why don't you do a classic. Clown fish with a bit of a twist. How bout a gold strip maroon as they get much larger.

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store