Finally got a puffer :D

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I've been wanting a puffer for quite some time, and my LFS has a stars and stripes puffer I've been eyeing for a couple months. Nobody wants him because he has no color and the customers always say "Look at that ugly fish!". Well I like that ugly fish, so today I got rid of my corals (made a nice chunk of change too!) and brought him home. I brought home a powder brown tang as well.

He's nothing fancy, and I'm not trying to brag or anything, I'm just very excited about him :D

Here's an acclimation photo. Yes, he's stressed.

Anybody else puffer fans?

The powder brown tang is a good looking fish too :)

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
That's a cool fish, but be careful not to plan a tank around an individual fish, I don't think it is a good idea, but I hope it works for you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It wasn't planned for him, I just got tired of spending money on coral. I guess I prefer a fowlr tank.

He had such an awesome personality, followed me around the tank a lot. He mysteriously died this morning. I figured ammonia, nope. My levels are all 0 (ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate). The LFS is trying to figure it out. The owner has been at my house most of the day searching for a cause :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
The tank (rock and sand included) is 6 years old. It was relocated with original water to my house 8 months ago.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Always have been a puffer fan! Always wanted one but never wanted to dedicate a tank to one freshwater puffer. But now I started a salt water I may be getting a valemtini!

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear your puffer died. Did you find out the cause?

Puffers just have so much personality, I love them. I really want to setup an aqua scraped dwarf puffer tank and hopefully will in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
We (meaning the skilled professional LFS owner) can't think of anything. The water parameters are too solid to be the cause and he wasn't harmed by anyone. The LFS owner thinks it may have just been the change to a new tank that did it. Who knows, I may get the porcupine they had...maybe.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store