small worm looking thing

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I just noticed in my bigger tank, there was what looked like a baby earth worm type thing.

I was putting in some salt for the tank and when i looked at the salt I noticed this brown thing moving, As i looked closer I noticed it was a brown worm that was about 1/2 " long.

is it harmful or just a normal worm. I dont feed my fish worms so idk.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Do you have plants or feed frozen worms? Just watch for swollen guts or worms from the anus (tje fishes, not yours, well yours too but that is another site). It sounds like any number of small annelid that are mainly harmless.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I have some fake plants , and have only feed them futan freeze dried shrimp twice a day.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Hmmm, watch your fish, also if the worm seems smooth rather than segmented dose with something like Jungle's parasite guard, it contains a mix of mainly praziquantel and metronidazole so it will take care of most common parasites without damaging your filter system. If you can't find it locally try bigals.com you have time even it it is parAsitic nematodes.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Hmm, I cant really remember what it looked like but it was smooth and every few cm there was like a notch around it.
I'll watch my fish, should I be looking for bloated stomachs or what?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
CMs? give a better description of this thing please, but yes swollen guts and worms from the anus are what to watch for, and many breeders dose with the metro/prazi mix as a matter of routine for all pond bred or wild caught fish

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
that bigals.com thing dosent work.

The worm was maby this big

_____ <- that big. Light brown, Was just laying on top of the salt.

I cant remember if it was segmented or not so I wont say it was.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store