Datnoid intelligence

rich4297

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
NJ
Does anyone know of any info or studies on this topic? I sometimes think mine is smart but then it just seems clueless sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,why does your dat seem to be clueless at times?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That would be interesting but I guess all is well as long as he is not swimming circles and spirals.

rich4297

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
NJ
Lol,why does your dat seem to be clueless at times?
Usually at feeding time. I have to give him frozen silversides stuffed with NLS or krill. So I put some pellets on one side to keep the other fish away and drop the fish on his side. Most times he grabs it like lightning but sometimes he swims and just gets close to the glass and tries to eat the reflection when the real thing is right next to his eye. I just don't get how he doesn't see it. By this time it's gobbled up by another fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
I dont know of any studies, but my dats are probably the most outgoing and smartest fish in my tank.

Mine just about jump out of teh water when they know i have food in my hand and have been that way since the first week I got them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Rich my split bar indo acts odd sometimes...When I drop in a few sinking pellets he will snap them up most of the time but then there are times when he will just watch a few of them sink to the bottom and them turn away.Then he will come back as if he begging for more ....Good for you Owens.You are very fortunate to have such outgoing dats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store