Singapore's RIVER SAFARI

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
The River Safari is a river-themed zoo located in Singapore. It is built over 12 hectares (30 acres) and nestles between its two counterparts, the Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari. It is the first of its kind in Asia and comprise mainly freshwater attraction combined with river boat rides as its main highlights.

Having just visited, the River Safari promises much more than anything else I've seen in Singapore. I was pleased to see that they had an entire exhibit dedicated to Gator gars, and even more so to see the inhabitants of the african tank. I'm excited to see the Goliaths & african arowanas hit 3-4ft, and to see more bichirs added (hopefully)...

full story & pics here

http://alexander-e.com/aquatic/blogs/amazingly-aquatic/2013/4/14/the-river-safari

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Looks amazing! I wish I had something like that nearby. Most aquariums in the US focus on marine and might have a couple small freshwater exhibits, but they pale in comparison.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So many healthy animals and fish! Kudos to you guys! Singapore is going to be my next big trip hopefully!

Is it new cuz the place is flawless!

felix453

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
new york
Looks amazing! I also wish that zoos in the US would focus a little more attention on freshwater fish. Thanks for sharing

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Wow that looks amazing...I wish I could see it in person someday...thanks for the pics.

zachpeed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2012
Ocala
this is kinda off topic, but the Tennessee aquarium in Chattanooga is split in two sections, one salt and one fresh. The fresh side has a similar set up, with a "River Monsters" tank with aripima, RTC, paddle fish, and big rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store