Rarest

timbo6684

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
Surface of the Sun, Arizona
One explanation I've read to this same question is there is no market for rare African cichlids. The reason they are rare in the hobby is because they are uncolorful and not highly sought after for the hobby. Cichlids that are desirable are easily found through local breeders, lfs, and online retailers. The price of an African cichlid usually comes down to color and quality and that depends on the strain and breeder.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
Lichnochromis acuticeps is a large predator hap that I haven't been able to find. So its a rare one although they are out here in the states some where.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Rare as in how? Not common in the hobby? Endangered?

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
Here in the states, the Lichnochromis acuticeps, Tyrannochromis species, Buccochromis rhoadesii/spectabilis/lepturus, Stigmatochromis species, Serranochromis robustus, as far as predator haps go are very hard to find and not common in the hobby. Luckily I do own some of them but had to get them from Germany. They also were expensive.

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
Here in the states, the Lichnochromis acuticeps, Tyrannochromis species, Buccochromis rhoadesii/spectabilis/lepturus, Stigmatochromis species, Serranochromis robustus, as far as predator haps go are very hard to find and not common in the hobby. Luckily I do own some of them but had to get them from Germany. They also were expensive.

Sorry for double posting.

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
Cyphotilapia gibberora mikula variant are pretty rare, so are wc birundi frontosa

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store