Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
My BGK came out while I was doing some feeding so I shot a quick video if him
[video=youtube;Xq5iTxXzBwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5iTxXzBwQ[/video]

He is about 8-9"
I hope he is being fed enough, he pretty much just gets what my other fish don't eat. Should I feed him at night?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Do you hhave any hiding sspots? Mine eats aggressively iI used to keep with aggressive Cichlids and would get food just as well as they did. They do feed better aat night. Mines about your size also

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
He is about 8-9"
I hope he is being fed enough, he pretty much just gets what my other fish don't eat. Should I feed him at night?
they usually start looking for meals at night/ early evenings. I put food for mine in the same area every time, at his favorite place.
If mine was depending on leftovers, I would have to over feed everyone else.
BGK is the only one in the tank who gets hikari massivore delight. I break it in 4 pieces and directly make a small pile.
they can learn routines.

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
Do you hhave any hiding sspots? Mine eats aggressively iI used to keep with aggressive Cichlids and would get food just as well as they did. They do feed better aat night. Mines about your size also
I have a couple of pieces of driftwood he hides under, I probably could add more spots.

they usually start looking for meals at night/ early evenings. I put food for mine in the same area every time, at his favorite place.
If mine was depending on leftovers, I would have to over feed everyone else.
BGK is the only one in the tank who gets hikari massivore delight. I break it in 4 pieces and directly make a small pile.
they can learn routines.
Maybe I will try cutting it up into smaller pieces. I have a ton of current in the tank so it is hard to position food, it pretty much just blows everywhere..

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
wild bird seed feeder tubes can be made into bgk viewable hides. they come in several lengths & diameters. about 1 1/2x longer than the ghost will retain food better.. wide enough for substrate inside.
disassemble the perches and remove top/bottom. perch holes can be sealed or left open where wanted.
smear tube with silicone & drizzle substrate on it, about halfway around so he can be viewed but tube is camo'd.
a thick bead of silicone around edge on both entryways- protects their skin.
1 or 2 diff open perch holes can be used to drop feed in the tube. it just cuts down on other fish being thieving pigs, mine get too fat on massivore.
a piece of narrow diameter pvc can be used for a food drop pipe right in tube, so I don't always have to put arm in tank.

I don't target feed ghost every day> enough to prevent chasing geos & banging on them like Pez dispensers ;-)

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
wild bird seed feeder tubes can be made into bgk viewable hides. they come in several lengths & diameters. about 1 1/2x longer than the ghost will retain food better.. wide enough for substrate inside.
disassemble the perches and remove top/bottom. perch holes can be sealed or left open where wanted.
smear tube with silicone & drizzle substrate on it, about halfway around so he can be viewed but tube is camo'd.
a thick bead of silicone around edge on both entryways- protects their skin.
1 or 2 diff open perch holes can be used to drop feed in the tube. it just cuts down on other fish being thieving pigs, mine get too fat on massivore.
a piece of narrow diameter pvc can be used for a food drop pipe right in tube, so I don't always have to put arm in tank.

I don't target feed ghost every day> enough to prevent chasing geos & banging on them like Pez dispensers ;-)
Could you please show me a picture of yours so I get a better understanding of this?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store