My IT needs help please

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
I have 3 IT's currently housed in my 90g with 2 clown loaches, my biggest IT is around 7" and the one who's acting weird these past few days, while tank mates are eating well and behaving as usual, this one acts as if it's going crazy, staying at the top portion of the tank almost like an arowana does fins out of water and would paddle itself almost like running in the water with half of its body exposed out of water. After it does that it would go to the bottom of the tank and then swim in circles almost like a dog trying to bite its tail, i'm really really worried and clueless as to what is the problem, and it does'nt look good as of the moment.

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
If it doesn't do those weird things i've mentioned it stays still afloat near the surface and that's it. What could be the cause and remedy if there is any?

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
I do have a spare 30. I'm just lost right now, don't know what to do, been in the hobby for 15 years, first time this happened to me. Is it contagious?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
No it's not contagious. There are ways to treat it. I would put him in the 30 gallon because Loaches are sensitive to salt. Put him in the 30 gallon tank with the temp at 82 degrees. Do NOT feed him for at least 3 days. Keep the water level a couple of inches lower than usual to make it easier to reach the surface. Add Epsom salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons and keep the water clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store