all my fish are dead why ?

unlockwall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
ontario
ok so i have a 55g with a 75 g filter zero ammonia the salt level is fine the tank was cycling for about 3 month before i put 1 clown 3 blue tail damsel 1 fire fish goby and 2 snails there where all under 1 inch so it was not a huge bio load on the system everything just started to die off they where fine for about a month so once they all died i waited 2 weeks and bought 1 tomato clown and 1 bubble tip anemone and 3 days later the cown died again but the bubble tip anemone is doing great ? whats going on here

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
All above good questions. First thing that comes to mind are what are your parameters? Did your fish show any signs of illness? Stress? Specific gravity? How did u acclimate? Live rock? Can you give us more tank specifics?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

unlockwall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
ontario
no live rock just some fake rock that looks good i dont have a proper stand and i dont think it could support the weight and going to get a full test kit tomorrow and get my water tested as for sign of illness one at a time they just went to the bottom of the tank and started swimming around like one fin was not worked no signs of ick it was the first thing i looked for that i could fix thought it was the food so i went out and got new food for the new before we got the new and he was fine for about 3 days and then the same thing happened but the snails and bubble tip anemone are doing great thats what i dont get anemone are very sensitive to bad water

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
no live rock just some fake rock that looks good i dont have a proper stand and i dont think it could support the weight and going to get a full test kit tomorrow and get my water tested as for sign of illness one at a time they just went to the bottom of the tank and started swimming around like one fin was not worked no signs of ick it was the first thing i looked for that i could fix thought it was the food so i went out and got new food for the new before we got the new and he was fine for about 3 days and then the same thing happened but the snails and bubble tip anemone are doing great thats what i dont get anemone are very sensitive to bad water
Ok so you havent tested the water? Anemones take a while to die. A bit longer than a fish. Where did you get your fake tocks?

Food is not an issue here.

Either your fish do have a disease you not seeing or
Water chemistry is off in some way. You said you cycled this tank? How do you know its cycled?
Did you use live sand?
Have you listed every possible inhabitant?
Specific gravity?
How did you cycle the tank? What was your process?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Do you use tap or RO water? If tap, did you dechlorinate it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store