FL gar with odoe?

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Anyone have experience with the two together? Both are mellow but share the same space.

Thanks

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
FLG are pretty mellow compared to other gar.. but silvery fish are usually a no go.. eventually they start takeing pot shots at them. I'm pretty sure Scotts gar killed an ATF, not sure what kind but he'll prolly share his experiances. IMO not a good match. I would also worry the Odoe might spook the gar as iir they are quite active fish. But I've never owned a Odoe or ATF in general, but I had bad experiances trying to comm a silver arrow with my gar in the past and have avoided silvery fish since, and many others have had bad experiences in general with silver fish and gar as a general rule.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Thanks. I've owned both in the past just not together and have found both to just generally hang out and not bother anyone. None of my past gars have ever been skittish so I'm not worried about anyone getting spooked. it seems to me that they may work well together. Anyone else ever try them together?

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
My friend use to have them together, his gar was around 14" and the odoe is around 12" didn't seem like they bothered each other.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
My gar is in with silver Bala sharks n he never messes with them. As long as the other fish is too big for the gar to consider a meal it should work

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
My friend use to have them together, his gar was around 14" and the odoe is around 12" didn't seem like they bothered each other.
Thanks this is what I'm looking for.

My gar is in with silver Bala sharks n he never messes with them. As long as the other fish is too big for the gar to consider a meal it should work

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah gar certainly aren't trouble makers. If I can find a FL I'll give it a shot.

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
I think gar are compatible almost anything thats not bite size

Sent from my SCH-R920 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store