46 gallon salt tank

warren4066

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
denver
set up has been up for one week...cycling, just tested specific gravity and its at 1.028...want to make it go down to 1.026...all of the water inside tank was bought pre mix at store. how can i make the sg go down? currently have 4 small green chromis in tank. temp is 77 deg. using hob filter and 70lbs of live rock with wave makers, this will be a reef tank

warren4066

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
denver
Yup add fresh water. Also it's not recommended to make a tank a reef tank for atleast a year...
You mean RO water or tap water, I'm assuming RO water, but not much water has evaporated from tank yet. Also who says its not recommended to make a reef tank for at least a year?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
You mean RO water or tap water, I'm assuming RO water, but not much water has evaporated from tank yet. Also who says its not recommended to make a reef tank for at least a year?
What ever water you are using preferably RO. Hah! sorry that was a silly question easy tto fix take some water out and replace it. Most good sources of information for beginner salt water tanks. I did my research and members of tthe saltwater community in my area

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Yup add fresh water. Also it's not recommended to make a tank a reef tank for atleast a year...
A year is pretty unnecessary. As long as you have bio load to keep your bacteria happy you can add corals withing a couple months of your tank being cycled. Just make sure you do your research on every piece you buy.

Sent from my XT901 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store