Driftwood / Hides

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
I have a total of 5 small datnoids in a grow out tank which has a large Driftwood in it. What i have noticed is that only two of the fish are out most of the time and the rest are no where to be seen until dinner time. Dinner time consist of darting out, dragging the food back to the driftwood and never to be seen again until the next day. I am very tempted to take out the driftwood.. at this rate, I have a very boring tank lol

Joking aside, the tank has been setup for well over a month, and this is still the behavior. Thoughts? Do you guys have driftwood / hides for your datnoids? or do you take all that out to force them to get use to humans?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,as long as there is someplace for them to hide they will use it.It's what Indos do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Agree with krich and T1..

Provide no hiding spaces.. its fine and does not stress the fish out. Having hiding spaces to fight over is more stressful imo..

For me.. my fish make the tank stand out...
Not the decor or plants. Which I dont have any...

Just some nice gravel.. 3d background and fish for display:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
Serious????? This goes against every single caresheet i have read about them. I'm glad I have you guys! Wood coming out!!! I'm tire of this ****.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store