Wallago?

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
ok well as the title says im thinking of gitting one thay is about 6 inches. and putting him with my rtcxtsn thay is about 8 1/2 thay both are pritty slow growers from what i can tell (have had my cross for about a year know got him at 2" lol) what i was wondering is how aggressive are thay and will he try and eat or beat up my cross ? im rally not shour about him haven't really seen much about this cat on here info wise. any help whould be nice thanks

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
o and it is as black as night to lol really nice looking fish

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
lol i have thought that to but he shows no deformitys and eats like a pig lol i think it might be a dworf of a sort

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Got my W. Attu around 6" eight months ago he's about 21-22" now. Its not aggressive in the sense he just terrorizes anything. Its a predator capable of eating any fish he could fit in his mouth. But mine as it got bigger seems to really like to eat pellets. I keep him with lots of other fish in a community setting. Doesn't bother anyone. You can see him in some videos below in my sig.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Your RTCxTSN is the first one I've heard of that grows so slowly while in very good care... knowing your experience and knowledge from other posts and vids, etc. I wonder if this is an extreme rarity or if there are others like that in good water, well fed, large enough tanks.

Got my W. Attu around 6" eight months ago he's about 21-22" now. Its not aggressive in the sense he just terrorizes anything. Its a predator capable of eating any fish he could fit in his mouth. But mine as it got bigger seems to really like to eat pellets. I keep him with lots of other fish in a community setting. Doesn't bother anyone. You can see him in some videos below in my sig.
About the same here on my W. leerii, except mine is extremely shy/reclusive and hard to feed (won't take food in my presence).

Zubatka 1.JPG

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
ok guys thanks alot lol kinda makes me happy because i realy like this guy but i was afraid he would try and eat my cross and ill take a pic of the two of them i keep him in a 90 at the moment because of his size he really isent cramped at all. glass bottom tank with pvc tubing for hiding spots. and rely nice pic

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
Posted a pic with my hand so you know I'm not blowing smoke about his size lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1366894843190.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366894864787.jpg

sam_everist

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hertfordshire, UK
LOL what are you feeding him tropical fish flakes? lol he should be 24" or so by now?
But yes the Wallago Attu are very cool catfish, however be carefull as they can be VERY aggressive, My mate had one that would ri[ the belly from any mid swimming fish he put in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store