Laguna max-flo plumbing

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Wanted to share how I plumbed my laguna. I used a different configuration on my first attempt last week and it failed after a week. Im used to working with magdrives which have a 3/4" male thread on the output and imo easier to plumb. The laguna comes with two attachments for the output, I chose the larger one to reduce friction and loss of flow. I used flexible clear tubing to attach it to a Threaded 1.25" adapter and a reducer bushing from 1.25" to 1" which goes straight into my previous plumbing/spraybar. Getting the threaded is important so that the tubing does not slide off from the pressure and the zipties have something to bite down on. The hose clamps/rings do a better job than zipties, but they are metal and will rust as this is a submersible pump. Just an idea for you guys getting into lagunas, I am replacing all my mags with them.

uploadfromtaptalk1367013898058.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367013915036.jpg
Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
Getting the threaded is important so that the tubing does not slide off from the pressure and the zipties have something to bite down on.
not that important.mine just slides into the PVC snugly enough that it doesn't go anywhere.

DSCN5095.JPG

DSCN5095.JPG

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
I had mine snugly inside the pvc the first time. In the pics, you can see the tubing with tons of teflon tape on each end. That lasted a week, I came home last night with my tank 75% full and my sump 1.5" from overflowing. Luckily i still had a mag 18 running as my second laguna 2400 will not be arriving till next week, glad i worked all the kinks out! I did not take any chances this time and believe I did a solid job.

dhardwick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
IN
I used 1 1/4 slip coupler works like a charm

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I'd certainly agree with the recommendation of hose clamps, that PVC tube does go hard after a year or two and can lose its grip even when really stretched on. I had it happen on my old 210g and it turned the return pump into a fountain pump and [luckily] squirted water onto my multi board which tripped the circuit breaker and shut everything off before it had a chance to empty the sump onto the floor and burn itself out!

Blackumbi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2012
next to my tank's
Wanted to share how I plumbed my laguna. I used a different configuration on my first attempt last week and it failed after a week. Im used to working with magdrives which have a 3/4" male thread on the output and imo easier to plumb. The laguna comes with two attachments for the output, I chose the larger one to reduce friction and loss of flow. I used flexible clear tubing to attach it to a Threaded 1.25" adapter and a reducer bushing from 1.25" to 1" which goes straight into my previous plumbing/spraybar. Getting the threaded is important so that the tubing does not slide off from the pressure and the zipties have something to bite down on. The hose clamps/rings do a better job than zipties, but they are metal and will rust as this is a submersible pump. Just an idea for you guys getting into lagunas, I am replacing all my mags with them.

View attachment 907357
View attachment 907359
You in box is full but here http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390507010911 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=261034643901

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Thanks bro, going to be a piece of cake doing the plumbing now. The piece I constructed was solid but I am worried that after a year, the hose will become loose and come off. With tjose I wont have to worry!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store