Fish foot massage

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
I took these pictures in Thailand. For a small fee, you can have foot massage by hundreds of fish. The fish are native Siamese algae eater. They are the best algae eater that will concsume even recalcitrant black beard algae. Someone in Thailand found a way to make profit from these tiny fish by employing them to provide foot massage services.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC-yXQJ72pI

[video=youtube;WC-yXQJ72pI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WC-yXQJ72pI[/video][/QUOTE]

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
People do it with guppy like fish too.

imusuallyuseless

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
San Antonio
I'd heard some kinda concern about fish spreading stuff person to person

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I'd heard some kinda concern about fish spreading stuff person to person
like what? It's like they are infected by some killer paracite.
I';ve read about it too, there are some foot and mouth diseases which can be past on from one person to the next because in essence, those fish are eating dead skin etc off peoples feet, and lets be honest, not every person in this world takes the best care of themselves, and i find especially in Asia, a lot of people are un-aware of diseases such as verruca's (planter warts) etc... which adds to the dangers of doing things like this...

In fact, i'm almost sure i've read that a few places banned this practice for that very reason of people getting all types of diseases off one another...

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
My saltwater skunk shrimp will clean my hands if I put them in the tank. Feels weird and it tickles. I've heard of people getting tb from fish but not anything else. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store