My t ank is way overstocked

tankbusterlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2006
Quebec,CAnada
Hi,

I have a 10 gallon that currently holds 5 platies and 3 danios. The ideal tank would be a 20 gallon for this stocking. How long can i keep my fish healthy in there.
I will do 2 water change a week on the tank while waiting to get at least a 20 gallon. I do have a 75 gallon but i can't set it up because there is no room right now. I am living with dad because he got cancer. His cancer has been removed but i am staying to help with chores around the house.

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
Hi,

I have a 10 gallon that currently holds 5 platies and 3 danios. The ideal tank would be a 20 gallon for this stocking. How long can i keep my fish healthy in there.
I will do 2 water change a week on the tank while waiting to get at least a 20 gallon. I do have a 75 gallon but i can't set it up because there is no room right now. I am living with dad because he got cancer. His cancer has been removed but i am staying to help with chores around the house.
What are your water parameters?

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
Whats your filtration? That will affect the answers quite a bit. Shouldn't need much. With a decent sized sponge filter, with your current waterchange routine, you should be fine

tankbusterlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2006
Quebec,CAnada
Hi thanks for the answers. The filtration is aqua-tech 5-10 hang on the back filter. I've seen recomendation on the web of no more than 7 platies in a 20 gallon.

fwiffo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
USA
lol i thought this thread would be about 4 10" oscars in 10 gallon or something crazy like that lol. but seriously, 5 platies and 3 minnows! lol, man you're fine! id add a sponge filter though- those things just plain rock!

oh, and i wish nothing but the best to you and your dad, especially. tell him to keep beating that cancer back.

Sarertnoc Kram

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Las Vegas
lol i thought this thread would be about 4 10" oscars in 10 gallon or something crazy like that lol. but seriously, 5 platies and 3 minnows! lol, man you're fine! id add a sponge filter though- those things just plain rock!

oh, and i wish nothing but the best to you and your dad, especially. tell him to keep beating that cancer back.
:) I know

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store