Albino gar ?

asiewm01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Los Angeles
I notice most of the albino gar are alligator gar, I would like to know if there are albino florida, spotted, tropical or shortnose gar

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
those are platinum gars not albinos.

asiewm01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok, what species are most of the platinum gar and how much do they cost ? Are they available in species such as florida, spotted, short nose and tropical gar ? I do not want an Alligator gar as it can grow to monstrous proportion...

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Platinum gators and floridas are produced on farms in SE Asia for the pet trade. Plat tropical are available from farms in mexico. Last time I saw a price on platinum trops was something like 3400 retail. Not sure on the gator or florida price. Beware when buying platinum gars as it is common practice to expose gars to wtt to imitate a platinum to charge more.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Ok, what species are most of the platinum gar and how much do they cost ? Are they available in species such as florida, spotted, short nose and tropical gar ? I do not want an Alligator gar as it can grow to monstrous proportion...
whether you want it or not you can't have one!

asiewm01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Los Angeles
I am living in Florida lol, is it possible to get it import from south east asia ? How much is it and where can I get it ?

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Platinum Florida's are available and almost impossible to get. The wtt-stands for White Tank Treatment really works. It will make almost any Gar look like a platinum-until they get into a normal tank and whammo-back to normal! The White Tropicals are super hard to get-one place has them and they only have one left. The price imported into the united states with taxes and fees is just under or around $5,000. I have been actively searching for a Platinum Florida for almost a year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store