New tank help

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
Hi all.. Well I just got a new 360liter tank for my flowerhorn. I just have a quick question about cycling and speeding up the cycle.

I set it up yesterday filled it up and added the required aqua safe amount. No salt yet..
Today I added a golden barb and a cichlid to cycle the tank and I also used sponge a little ceramic and those bacteria collecting balls from my established tank (running for about a year and a half 200 litter) into my new filter.

My question is how long will it take to complete my cycle?

Ps I added a photo of my new tank..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1367259372.286072.jpg

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
I checked my water peramiters yesterday and this is what i got they were all normal

Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

No spikes... What I don't understand is that I thought I should see spikes in these or even a cloudy tank but nothing yet is this normal ?

Dial92

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2012
Effingham, IL
i set up big tanks 240gallon with all new water but with filters with bio filtration and they are good to go. i but 10 fish in the tank all over 8'' some around 12'' and they are all ok and living fine. the main thing is that you have filtration with bio colony in them. check your nitrates to see the spikes you are talking about but wuth you adding bio filtration you should be fine

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Two tiny fish aren't going to produce that much waste, I'm not surprised you aren't getting a reading. Look into adding ammonia from an external source, do some research on "fishless cycle".

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
I did the research on fish less cycling but I don't know where to get the ammonia from is there a brand name detergent or something I can use

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store