So much info so little time....

BIGWRANGLER88

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2013
MARYLAND, USA
Im new to the site, im moving soon and want to redo mysetup. its a 45g, i would like to do a community planted setup 9Never dont live plants befor).. iv read about undergravel filters and plants. i will take any advise on filters, stocking list, plants. im open to all sugestions.

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
Do you have an idea of what you would like to stock? As far as plants go, I've found that with a good light it's hard to go wrong with them. I have a semi-high tech planted 29g aquarium (CO2, dirted, the works,) but the light on my 75g is much better and even without CO2, ferts, or any added effort, the plants are taking over.

That being said, I am no planted tank guru. I would work out what sort of stock you want first and go from there.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
ive been working on getting my 57 rimless setup and can tell you my plans see if it helps at all.
equipment:
-57g rimless from DBP
-2x eheim 2217 canisters eaxh with inline heater and lily pipes.
-kessil a150w amazon sun (absolutely amazing check my threads for review n plant growth over emersed setup)a

Flora (all attaxhed to driftwood):
- java fern regular and needle leaf
-anubias nana gold and petite
-MAYBE moss(hate how it always attaches where i dont want it)

Fauna:
8-12 panda cories
pair of l183 bristlenose
2m5f apisto agassizii "tefe"
25 green neon tetras
either mated pair of angels or discus

plan is to have more community tank and see more interactions and behavior in breeding groups. ill also likely end up with babies of all kinds of stuff and i find apistos and bristlenose plecos are easy to sell as are plant trimmings. all are pretty undemandimg plants, and think it will look nicely when dome. now if only the lfs could get me my 2nd 2217, i can put it all together.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
actually didnt get any from amazon. new lfs opened up n i had a huge list n was like any chance u could match any of these prices? next day he called back n saved 140 off best internet prices i could find. 2217 for 125 with media n disconnects? ya ill take 2... too bad one was busted n getting a replacement takes way too long

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store